Responsibilities of Host Association
The Host Association is defined as the Association that is responsible for the running of the venue for the game/s.
The Host Association shall be responsible for the duties listed below.
1. Distribution of weekly bulletins, fixtures, fixture changes etc. to relevant people at the association.
2. Appointments of referees of suitable/approved standard except where panel referees are rostered.
3. Checking of the Venue Plan, against fixtures and notified weekly changes, and the reporting of errors found to Admin.
4. Ensuring the court supervision is planned and implemented during games. Routine equipment maintenance. Eg. scoreboards and shot clocks, rings, backboards, and seating etc. They are to ensure a safe, healthy environment exists for players, referees and spectators.
5. Provide a approved match ball, court, lighting and equipment of first class standard for the match.
1. Ensuring that the doorkeeper has copies of the League rules, venue plan, fixtures, notified changes, and timing regulations on hand at all times to ensure the competition is run appropriately.
2. Recognition of Coaches Passes and Inter-venue Passes which allow free entry. Note: All Players must pay at the venue in which they play.
3. The appointment of a competent administrator to deal with any ruling that may arise by referring to documents listed in (1) above
4. Maintaining a level of safety for player by keeping playing surfaces clean and dry.
1. Ensuring that correct scores of each game in entered online by 9am the following morning.
2. Ensuring that scoresheets are sent to the relevant administrator or nominee, to be received within 5 days of fixtured game.
3. It is recommended that a list of game results be kept in case of missing scoresheets.
4. Follow up to locate missing scoresheets to ensure accurate lodgement of results.
For more information on these requirements please contact the VJBL.